- On Being A Man Pt.1-6 (1989) Robert Bly Michael Meade
A link to the six videos of roughly ten minutes each about their thoughts on men, men issues and what was referrd to
as the “Men’s Movement” in 1989.
- “What It’s Like to Go to War”Bill Moyers interviews veteran and author, Karl Marlantes, on his compelling book “What it’s Like to Go to War”
- Be A Man: Joe Ehrmann Published on Feb 20, 2013
Joe Ehrmann has been an educator, author, activist, pastor and coach for more than 25 years. He was a college All-American athlete who played professional football for 13 years. Among numerous awards, Joe has been named “The Most Important Coach in America” for his work to transform the culture of sports.
- Breaking the Boys Code of Masculinity: Bill Pozzobon
Bill has worked on gender and violence issues with youth and educators for over a decade. In his role as Director of the SafeTeen Boy’s Program, he trains the new SafeTeen Agents for Change and co-leads Educator Trainings locally, nationally and internationally. With humor and skill Bill invites the boys and men he works with to step into their full humanity with dignity and courage.
- A call to men: Tony Porter
Tony Porter makes a call to men everywhere: Don’t “act like a man.” Telling powerful stories from his own life, he shows how this mentality, drummed into so many men and boys, can lead men to disrespect, mistreat and abuse women and each other. His solution: Break free of the “man box.”
- Perceptions About Gender: Jennifer S. Newsom
Jennifer Siebel Newsom is a filmmaker, actress, spokesperson and advocate. She talks about how the media shapes our perceptions about gender and about our potential, calling on women and men to challenge the media and its male-dominated discourse, while empowering women to take on leadership positions.
- The Hidden Meanings in Kids’ Movies: Colin Stokes
Watching “The Wizard of Oz” and “Star Wars” with his son and daughter made communications expert Colin Stokes wonder about the stories we celebrate. Thanks to a growing awareness of gender representation, the world is now safe for girls in armor – but is the hero journey we’ve gotten used to inherently limiting? This funny and thoughtprovoking talk from TEDxBeaconStreet will make you look twice at your favorite films.
- How to avoid Gender Stereotypes: Eleanor Tabi Haller-Jordan
Corporations across Europe share the same problem: a dramatic gender gap in leadership. Although the size of this gap varies from country to country, men far outnumber women in senior business leadership. What makes the most senior positions in business so inaccessible to women — even in countries where there is considerable government and social support for gender equality?
- The Art of Manliness Love Is All You Need: Insights from the Longest Longitudinal Study on Men Ever Conducted
- The Mask of Masculinity – the traditional role of men is evolving – Connor Beaton | TEDxStanleyPark
- The Good Men Project Web site with contemporary men’s issues and advice